Here’s an easy and quick quiche recipe that I came up with that is not only delicious but healthy as well. In 30 minutes you can make enough for a whole group or just yourself if you’re meal prepping. Not only are they super tasty, but since I used mostly egg whites, they’re on the healthier side. These little delights are low in calories, low in carbs, and high in protein! Win, win, and win!
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup your choice of shredded cheese (the amount is to your preference)
- 1 garlic, diced or grated
- ½ serrano pepper, diced (or your choice of spicy green pepper)
- ½ teaspoon salt (or to your taste)
- ½ cup of diced onions, green, yellow, and red bell pepper (or your choice)
- ¼ cup of mushrooms
- A dash of paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. If the cupcake tray is not a non-stick, then be sure to spray it with cooking spray.
- Whisk egg whites, eggs, milk, garlic, pepper, and salt in a medium size bowl. Blend well.
- Add diced onions, mushrooms, and bell peppers into the mixture.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, poor one scoop into each cup of the cupcake tray.
- Top egg mixture with cheese.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until you notice the egg mixture is cooked through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Since I’m usually just cooking for myself, I often find that when I grocery shop, I have veggies that I can’t always use up by the time they go bad. So, what I do is wash, cut, and freeze them. This is exactly what I’ve done with the bell pepper and onion mix. I put the baby portobello mushrooms in a separate bag, but they also freeze very well!
- Once cooled, you can store in a container and refrigerate for 3-4 days or freeze for up to a month. When you’re ready to eat, warm in the microwave for 45 seconds.
Please leave a comment below if you tried out this recipe or have any suggestions. Thanks!