The wonderful thing about salsa is that it’s a delicious and healthy snack you can have at any time. My mom started making homemade salsa a few years ago, and it has become a favorite of mine. Not only is it easy-to-make, but it’s quick too. With only a few ingredients, you will have delicious homemade salsa in your kitchen!
- ~ 10 to 12 stems of Cilantro
- 2 medium-sized garlic cloves
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper (or to your taste)
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ of Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Tajin seasoning (Found at your local grocery store)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can tomato crushed or 1 can of Ro*Tel (Found at your local grocery store)
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- Salt (to your taste)
- Blend about 5-6 stems of cilantro, garlic, green pepper, roma tomatoes, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, ¼ of the chopped onions, paprika, lemon, Tajin seasoning, and salt.
- Finely chop the remaining cilantro and add it, along with the remaining finely chopped onions, to the salsa.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to chill and for ingredients to absorb in the flavor.
Please leave a comment below if you tried out this recipe or have any suggestions. Thanks!